Welcome to SneAdventure!

Jesus said, "I have come so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of." (John 10:10)

Friday, May 14, 2010

...with child-like faith...



Don't mean to focus on solely on Savanna lately, but since much of my emotional and physical energy is spent on her (these days, all I have to do is look at her sternly and she says "no touch, Savanna?"), makes since that she takes up a lot of our blog, too! So here's a funny Savanna story that might also make you think...

We were driving to the grocery store (the closest one is over 10 miles away....once again, I'm looking forward to Nashville!). Anyway, it began to rain and then suddenly turn to hail. Savanna and Samuel were both in the middle seats with their hands over their ears saying "too loud, too loud!". I informed them that while I could do a great many things, changing the weather was not one of them. It stopped just as quickly as it had started, and evidently Savanna had begun to enjoy it, because she said, "Mama, again! Again!", while pointing to the windshield.


I replied, "Savanna, I can't control the rain. You'll have to ask God about that one." She quickly responded by looking up at the ceiling of the van and saying very matter-of-factly, "God! Again!"


I could not control the laughter! But it did make me think of all the times I've tried to manipulate the outcomes I've wanted instead of asking the one who is actually in control of all things....
"I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure." (Luke 10:21)


A photo from this morning with our dear friends, the Morris children (on their trampoline which we frequent!), or as Savanna and Samuel say, "Mrs. Oddy!" (can't say 'H's or 'L's yet for some reason)...




1 comment:

  1. Cute story!
    Janet W
    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/wdworkman/

    ReplyDelete